Controlling Basement Dampness and Humidity
Research has shown that as much as 40% of the air in your home comes up from your basement or crawlspace. Due to this air flow, basement humidity control is a very important factor when you are looking to improve the air quality in your home.
Humidity levels in basements above 60% are not healthy
Based on the damp nature of a basement environment, basement humidity levels are commonly above 60%.
If high humidity in the basement is left untreated, these conditions will promote harmful mold, mildew, and even bacteria growth. The growth of mold, mildew and bacteria will cause allergens, musty odors, dust mites and numerous other problems in your home.
A good basement dehumidifier is a wise investment. Not all basement dehumidifiers are created equal and some brands and models are more expensive than others. However, it is often the case that the more expensive brands and models will be more efficient and cost less to operate in the long run.
Powerful – Basement Humidity Control
The Santa Fe Classic™ is the first choice in dehumidifier solutions. These units are specifically designed for the basement environment and provide superior basement humidity control.
The high-capacity blower moves air in a way that no small store brand unit can. Its’ vertical configuration and flow-down design perform exceptionally well in basements. The optional condensate pump and ducting kits provide the flexibility necessary to provide easy basement humidity control in any home.
- Star Listed – Removes 6 pints of water per kilowatt-hour.
- Large Capacity – 100 pints per day / 2500 Square feet.
- Low Temperature Operation – Engineered for basements, and the temperature and air flow issues that they present.
- Superior Air Filtration – MERV-11 filtration is standard on the Santa Fe Classic, capturing particles and mold spores down to 1 micron in size.
- No Emptying Buckets – Water is drained or pumped as the water is removed from the air.
- Connect Multiple Rooms – Duct kits are available to connect multiple rooms.
We recommend and install the Santa Fe brand of dehumidifiers for the basement that is damp and musty.
The efficiency of the Santa Fe line of dehumidifiers consistently outperforms the competition by 2 to 1 when it comes to basement humidity control. This is why we recommend only the Santa Fe brand of dehumidifier systems for your basement. Take your basement humidity control to the next level. Explore your options for installing one of Superior Basement Solutionsdehumidifier solutions today.
Contact us today and find out what you can do to get your basement dry, beautiful and healthy.